Remarkable Woman Award Nominations are Live
Be READY, Be Resilient, Be Remarkable
We’re very excited to be launching our Remarkable Woman Award 2019. Forming a part of our International Women’s Day Conference we are celebrating as many ‘remarkable women’ as possible.
Our IWD theme is: Be READY, Be Resilient, Be Remarkable – an inspiring mantra of positivity and recognition of female achievement. and the award celebrates the best of these qualities.
We want to recognise inspirational women across a range of industries and organisations and celebrate their talents and achievements. Not only that but we want to support the winner by awarding a WLA bursary to support her future development.
We all know many remarkable women who inspire us in many ways and it might not be for the most obvious reasons. There are many unsung heroines out there who demonstrate remarkable qualities but may not have the chance to shine.
As you read this who is coming to your mind right now? Who stands out to you? Who deserves recognition, belief in their potential and a tiny push to shine out?
Let’s get them nominated….
THE Eligibilty criteria
- Must be a female currently employed in the UK
- May be self-nominated or nominated by another person.
- Cannot be a member of the judging panel, or a member of any judge’s immediate family.
- Nominees may be employed in for-profit businesses or not for-profit organisations
- Must be a woman who holds a middle or senior management-level position
- David Brown (Hoggett Bowers)
- Laurence Udell (Udell Group)
- Mark Summerfield (Co-op)
WHAT ARE JUDGES WILL BE LOOKING FOR
- Significant achievements
- Inspirational leadership qualities
- Makes a distinctive or unusual or innovative contribution
- Potential role model for the future
NOMINATIONS OPEN:: 1ST DEC 2018
NOMINATIONS CLOSE: 31st JAN 2019
DECISION DAY AND WINNER AWARDED 1ST MARCH 2019 AT THE IWD CONFERENCE
- All nominees will be encouraged to attend the IWD Conference on the 1st March in Chester as the winner will be announced at the Conference.
- A WLA bursary to the value of £2,000 will be awarded to the successful nominee for use on the WLA Leadership Programmes
- The successful nominee will receive a ‘Remarkable Woman’ trophy to keep.
We hope you find this award as exciting as we do and you feel able to nominate a remarkable woman and share this opportunity with your friends, network and organisation. Let’s shout about all the amazing women out there from the rooftops and really celebrate at the International Women’s Day.